Wednesday 21 June 2017

We have Fragaria Vesca ...

............. or for the uneducated that's Wild Strawberries.
Yesterday after a few days of alternate heavy rain and bright sunshine, I took a wander around the empire to discover the delightful sight hundreds or perhaps thousands of bright red Wild Strawberries. I reckon between the front, side and back grass the strawberries have taken hold of about 60% of the area.
Today about four cups were collected which provided a nice treat. The grass was also cut, fortunately the blade height is such that all the strawberries remained for another picking session.
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. ooo I love wild strawberries. My gran used to have them in her garden at Woodlands, the house she lived in when I was a girl. I hope there are still some left when we come over!

    ReplyDelete